1
2
3
4

Heritage Park Sheffield

  • client
  • Praxis Real Estate
  • contract value
  • £5,000,000
  • date
  • 2016
  • sector
  • Residential
  • location
  • Sheffield
  • contact
  • Steve Rayner

The cluster of buildings known today as Heritage Park, have seen a progressive evolution throughout history as they catered to the medical needs of Sheffield. The principle building (known today as Heritage House and listed Grade II*) was erected in 1797 and was known as The General Infirmary, later being renamed The Royal Infirmary in 1897. Built by J.D.Webster & Sons, the imposing building was originally symmetrical and stood in a substantial green setting. The unconventional octagonal building (now listed Grade II) at the heart of the site was added to the infirmary in 1884, lit by a cupola of wrought iron lattice girders. The Royal Infirmary was finally closed in 1980 and with its closure came the demolition of a number of small, connected outbuildings scattered around the central roundhouse and the construction of the 1997 building, Victoria House. In recent years the buildings found a use as offices, but in the early part of this decade, this use too came to an end.

Rayner Davies were asked to examine possible development options. A residential use was quickly identified as the only viable option. A number of different configurations have been examined. It is likely that the buildings will emerge as one and two bedroom apartments with a range of sizes, suitable for a broad range of occupants.